Aircon overhaul is the dismantling of aircon, inspecting of different parts and components of the aircon and cleaning them thoroughly.
When people mention about aircon chemical overhaul, it means that the cleaning involves chemical solution. With aircon overhaul or aircon chemical overhaul, it should clean the aircon extensively and improve the aircon performance tremendously. This is because aircon servicing in the form of aircon chemical overhaul or aircon overhaul reaches the difficult gaps and areas of the aircon which could not be cleaned by usual aircon cleaning.
Acidic rather than alkaline chemical solution is frequently used because they are very effectively in removing dirt. An experienced aircon techician will be able to avoid the risk of corrosion by chemical solution during an aircon overhaul. He should be able to skillfully clean all the dismantled parts of the aircon with the chemical solution. In Singapore, the chemical solution should be approved by National Environment Agency (NEA) for Aircon chemical cleaning although it is very difficult for us to know what chemical solution the aircon technician uses when the aircon is dismantled and moved to their office or factory for aircon overhaul. You may wish to ask the aircon technician for the name of chemical solution and let you have a look at the NEA certification if you are too worried about the chemical solution which they will be using for your aircon overhaul.
Why Aircon Chemical Overhaul?
As we use the aircon, its evaporator and condenser coil collect dirt over time. When the coil is dirty, the air flow is affected and the heat cannot be easily dissipated. This reduces the aircon’s ability to cool the room. To ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the dissipation of heat, you should send your aircon for aircon chemical overhaul at least once a year.
Outdoor condenser is frequently neglected in terms of aircon cleaning or aircon chemical overhaul because they are hard to dismantle when you are staying in high-rise flat in Singapore. As the condenser also plays a critical role in dissipating heat, you should ensure that it is also cleaned when you request for an aircon overhaul. In fact, the condenser is usually dirtier than the aircon fan coil because they are located outside and not sheltered. Therefore, it’s only naturally that more dirt is trapped in the aircon condenser as compared to the fan coil.
With aircon overhaul, your aircon performance should improve by about 10% to 20% depending on how dirty the aircon is prior to the aircon overhaul.
What is the benefits of Aircon Chemical Overhaul or Aircon Overhaul?
- Aircon overhaul cleans up your aircon thoroughly and leads to healthier air quality in the room.
- A well-cleaned aircon uses less energy to cool the room as compared to a dirty aircon. This means lower electricity consumption and lower utility cost.
- Aircon overhaul extends the life span of aircon and avoid both premature aircon replacement and frequent aircon repair.
- Aircon overhaul usually includes checks on the themostat and other components to ensure that they are replaced before the aircon breaks down and cause inconvenience to you.
- Aircon overhaul usually ends with fixing your aircon back and checking of refrigerant. Sufficient refrigerant ensures that your room cools down quickly. If there is insufficient refrigerant, the aircon may not be able to cool the room or the cooling process may take longer.
Checks After Aircon Chemical Overhaul
The aircon technician should perform the following checks when re-assembling the aircon after an aircon overhaul:
- Top up the refrigerant and check for correct amount and pressure;
- Check for leakages of refrigerant;
- Check the airflow and coldness of the air;
- Check that the thermostat is reading correctly; and
- Ensure that there is no blockage on water drainage.
Aircon Servicing Singapore
When you approach Aircon Servicing Singapore, our trained aircon techicians will handle all your aircon chemical overhaul needs. We offer excellent aircon overhaul service and other aircon servicing packages. Call us now at to make an appointment.