Aircon Maintenance and Servicing is necessary to ensure that the aircon system functions properly. During the rainy season in December 2017 and early January 2018, it is actually the best time to clean your external aircon compressor because the aircon servicing technician needs to spray water on the fins of external aircon unit to get rid of the dirt and stain. If you stay at high rise apartments or HDB flat, it is not advisable to do so when it is not raining as the dirty water from cleaning the compressor will drip or flow to your neighbours staying below. As such, most aircon servicing technician will not clean your external unit or aircon compressor when they visit your apartment for aircon servicing.
Aircon Maintenance Guide to Start Your New Year in 2018
As mentioned earlier, check if the aircon technician cleans the external unit and external aircon compressor. If they only clean the internal units or the fan coils, the aircon system, on the whole, may not be very well-maintained. It is important that the aircon servicing includes both the external and internal units.
- If external unit is not cleaned for normal aircon servicing, ask the aircon technician if they can dismantle the external unit and clean it off-site (i.e. not at your apartment but at the aircon servicing provider’s premises). Most of the aircon overhaul service is done off-site, and therefore the aircon servicing technician may be able to do so.
- Request for the aircon water drainage pipe to be checked and aircon gas/refrigerant pressure to be check once a year. This is to ensure that there is no blockage to the aircon water pipe. If there is blockage, it may lead to back flow of condensed water which may lead to aircon dripping or pouring issue.
- Ask if they have a 24-hour contact number for emergency aircon repair and troubleshooting.
- Ensure that your aircon is serviced 2 weeks before the Chinese New Year when it is difficult to get a servicing slot. In addition, make sure you service your aircon before the haze season begins.
- General guide on the frequency of aircon servicing – If you switch it on every night, it is advisable to service or maintain your aircon every 1.5 to 2 months. If your frequency is lower, once every 3 months is sufficient.
Contact Aircon Servicing Singapore
We provide Aircon Servicing and Maintenance including Aircon Chemical Wash and Aircon Steam Cleaning, Aircon Overhaul, Aircon Repair, Aircon Installation and other related services. Just give us a call at (+65) 6681-5655 or email us via our contact form. Our aircon maintenance consultant look forward to speaking to you and arranging a suitable time to meet your aircon maintenance needs. You may wish to take a look as our general guide on aircon repair and maintenance fee to have an idea of the cost of aircon maintenance.